Two views of the ruins of Furness Abbey / from drawings by Mr. Crosthwaite, of Ulverston ; and Mr. Shaw, of London ; in lithotint by Mr. Walton, of London ; with a compendious account of the monastery.
- Ulverston : Printed and published by D. Atkinson, King Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 9,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plan ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.F9 T96 1843+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The artist is probably Daniel Crosthwaite.
With an engraved "Ground plan of Furness Abbey" pasted (within text) to p. 8.
Date of publication from plate.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 380
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original green silk grained card wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Atkinson, D. -- Publisher.Furness Abbey -- Description and travel.Furness Abbey -- History.
- Ruins in art.
Wood engravings -- 1843.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1843.
Engravings -- 1843.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.