Crowquill, Alfred, Absurdities , 1827
- Absurdities : in prose and verse / written and illustrated by A. Crowquill.
- London : Printed for Thomas Hurst and Co., 65, St. Paul's Church-Yard; and W. Morgan, 33, Old Bond Street, 1827.
- Physical Description:
- , x, , 132 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4518.C76 A27 1827Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Henry Diggens, Leicester Street, Leicester Square.
Publisher's advertisements on lower board.
Alfred Crowquill was the pseudonym of Alfred Henry Forrester.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's riginal printed blue boards. Each colored engraved plate has a pink wash background.
- Subject Terms:
- Diggens, Henry -- Printer.English wit and humor.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1827.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Satire, English.Thomas Hurst and Co. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.