Crowquill, Alfred, Alfred Crowquill's guide to the watering places , [between 1830 and 1837]
- Alfred Crowquill's guide to the watering places : with illustrations / by Alfred Crowquill.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Guide to the watering places
- London : J. & F. Harwood, Fenchurch Street, and Simpkin & Marshall, Stationers' Hall Court, [between 1830 and 1837]
- Physical Description:
- , 50,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479 .C75 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caricatures by Alfred Crowquill. Steel engraved scenes engraved by William Taylor, after John Francis Salmon.
Printed by E. Colyer, 17, Fenchurch St., London.
J. & F. Harwood traded from 1830 to 1844. The firm of Simpkin & Marshall traded from 1816 to 1837. Cf. Brown. London publishers and printers.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 220
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's illustrated brown wrapper; with  final pages of advertisements.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Colyer, E. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Harwood, J. and F. -- Publisher.Health resorts -- Great Britain.Satire, English.Simpkin & Marshall -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1830-1837.
Steel engravings -- 1830-1837.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.