Stockdale, John Joseph, 1770-1847, Fashion , 1818
- Fashion : dedicated to all the town / by the author of The Greeks--The pigeons--Modern belles--Fashionable anecdotes, &c.
- Fourth edition.
- London : Printed for J.J. Stockdale, No. 41, Pall-Mall, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 14-171,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT513 .S76 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A poem (48 p.), with "Notes", p. 49-171.
Etchings by George Cruikshank. The last two, unsigned, are possible the work of Robert Cruikshank. Cf. Cohn.
Attributed to John Joseph Stockdale.
Printed by J. Evans, 26 Queen Street, Golden Square.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 273
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 305
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In contemporary plain blue wrappers. Inscribed W.W. Allan, 1845.
- Subject Terms:
- Allan, W.W. -- Autograph.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Costume -- Great Britain.Etchings, Colored -- 1818.Evans, J. -- Printer.Fashion.Stockdale, J. J. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.