Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, Six illustrations to Cowper's diverting history of John Gilpin , MDCCCXXVIII 
- Six illustrations to Cowper's diverting history of John Gilpin / by George Cruikshank ; engraved on wood by Thompson, Branston, Wright, Slader, and White.
- London : Charles Tilt, 86, Fleet Street, MDCCCXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.C78 S59 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Engravings signed: Branston & Wright sc.; J. Thompson; Slader.
At head of title: Proofs on india paper.
At foot of title: Ibotson and Palmer, srinters, Avoy Street.
Russell, N. Bibliography of William Cowper, 207
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 169
Publisher's advertisements, p.  of wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original brown paper wrappers. Disbound.
- Subject Terms:
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800. John Gilpin -- Illustrations.Tilt, Charles -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.