IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cruikshank, Percy, active 1840-1860, The comic history of the Russian war, 
The comic history of the Russian war [graphic] / poetically & pictorially described by Percy Cruikshank.
- London : Read & Co., Johnson's, Fleet St., 
- Physical Description:
- 36 pictures on 4 joined sheets : hand-colored lithographs ; sheets end-to-end 13 x 246 cm, accordion folded to 13 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK509 .C78 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title and imprint from cover. Cover illustrations are chromolithographs.
Each of 36 scenes contains eight lines of verse and a caricature of the subject.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 605
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original pictorial boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Pictorial works.Europe -- History -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Panoramas -- Specimens.
- Panoramas -- England.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
Chromolithographs -- 1857.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.