The carpenter's companion for Chinese railing and gates : containing thirty-three entire new and beautiful designs ... : the whole correctly and neatly engraved on sixteen copper plates from the original drawings of J.H. Morris ... and J. Crunden.
- London : Printed for Henry Webley, 1765.
- Physical Description:
- ,  plates : chiefly ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA8390 M67 1765Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T150794
Includes one page of letterpress containing advertisements for Henry Webley.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Joyner and cabinet-maker's darling / John Crunden. London : Printed by the author, 1765 and Carpenter's compleat guide to the whole system of Gothic railing / Robert Manwaring. London : A. Webley, 1765.
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain -- Chinese influences -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1765.Fences -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Gates -- Great Britain -- Design and construction -- Early works to 1800.Ousley, C.H. -- Pres. inscription to Charles F. Ousley, July 18, 1913.Ousley, Charles F. -- Pres. inscription from C.H. Ousley, July 18, 1913.Webley, Henry -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Morris, J. H, The carpenter's companion for Chinese railing and gates , 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.