Convenient and ornamental architecture : consisting of original designs, for plans, elevations, and sections : beginning with the farm house and regularly ascending to the most grand and magnificent villa : ... / by John Crunden ; the whole elegantly engraved on seventy copper-plates by Isaac Taylor.
- London : Printed for the author, and Henry Webley, in Holborn, near Chancery-Lane, 1767,
- Physical Description:
- viii, iv, 26 p. : 70 (i.e. 56) plates ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7132 C7 1767+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 14 of the plates bear two numbers, hence the plates are numbered 1-70.
BAC: List of subscriber's: p. [i]-iv.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 159
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1767.Webley, H. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Crunden, John, ca. 1745-1835, Convenient and ornamental architecture , 1767,
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.