Cuentos de duendes y aparecidos : compuestos con el obgeto espreso de desterrar las preocupaciones vulgares de apariciones : adornados con seis estampas iluminadas / traducidos del ingles por D. José de Urcullu.
- Additional Title(s):
- Londres : Lo publica R. Ackermann, 101, Strand. Y en su establecimiento en Megico, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 371,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6071.G45 C8418 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of: Ghost-stories: collected with a particular view to counteract the vulgar belief in ghosts and apparitions, and to promote a rational estimate of the nature of phenomena commonly considered as supernatural.
Plates are dated 1823 and are the same ones Ackermann used in his English edition of this work published in 1823.
Printed by Carlos Wood, Poppins-court, Fleet street.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original green cloth with printed title label on spine. Inscribed: George J. Stiles 9. Dec. 1868; John Symond.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Ghost stories.Stiles, George J. -- Autograph, 9 Dec. 1868.Supernatural in literature.Symond, John -- Autograph.Wood, Carlos -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.