Sketches of the picturesque in Rochester & its vicinity : dedicated by permission to the Very Reverend the Dean of Rochester / by W. Dadson.
- [London : s.n., 1827?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 20 x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.R6 D33 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs drawn by W. Dadson.
Title page lithograph has imprint: W. Day's Lithogy. 59 Gt. Queen St. Three of the plates printed by Charles Hullmandel. The rest of the plates lack imprints.
Illustrated title page is lithographed.
Some leaves are unnumbered and some are bound out of order.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half red calf with marbled boards. Ms inscription on t.p.: Walter Crouch ; F.B.S. Worcester Essex formerly of Bow Middlesex.
- Subject Terms:
- Days, W. -- Printer.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1827.Rochester (Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.Rochester Bridge (Rochester, Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.Rochester Castle (Rochester, Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.Rochester Cathedral (Rochester, Kent, England) -- Pictorial works.
- Western entrance, Rochester Cathedral
- Rochester Castle, from the King's Head stable yard
- Rochester Bridge & Castle, from St. Margaret's Fields (printed by C. Hullmandel)
- Rochester Cathedral, from Castle Hill
- Rochester, from above the New Road
- Rochester Bridge
- Part of the interior of Rochester Castle
- Castle Hill
- The Priors Gate, Rochester
- Rochester Cathedral from the Vines
- St. Margaret's, Rochester (dated 1823)
- Rochester from the river at Chatham, evening (printed by C. Hullmandel)
- Rochester from below the bridge
- Restoration House, Rochester
- Remains of the ancient Chapter House, Rochester Cathedral
- Eastgate House, Rochester
- Rochester Cathedral, from the Prior's Gate
- Entrance to the Chapter Room, Rochester Cathedral
- Northwest view of the interior of Rochester Cathedral (printed by C. Hullmandel)
- The Postern Gate, Rochester Castle
- Rochester Castle from the bridge
- Rochester Cathedral after its renovation in 1826
- Rochester from Frindsbury Hill
- Chatham Church.