Dagley, Richard, d. 1841, A compendium of the theory and practice of drawing and painting , 1819
- A compendium of the theory and practice of drawing and painting : illustrated by the technical terms in art : with practical observations on the essential lines and the forms connected with them : adapted to the earliest state of instruction for the use of school or private tuition : to which is added, the practice of the pencil, chalk, tinted, and water-colour drawing / by R. Dagley ; author of "Select gems from the antique".
- London : Printed for Pinnock and Maunder, Mentoriam Press, 267, Strand, by W. Clowes, Northumberland-Court, Strand, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 79 p., 7 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC710 .D2 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Eng. cat. of books. Prelim. vol., p. 150
BAC: Small sketch of rural scene done in graphite laid in.
BAC: In original boards. Label mounted on cover with title. Inscribed on front fly leaf: Clarissa Lumley Delafield.
Illustrations by and after Richard Dagley.
- Subject Terms:
- Clowes, W. -- Printer.Delafield, Clarissa Lumley -- AutographDrawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- 1819.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Pinnock and Maunder -- Publisher.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1819.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.