Inquiries into the origin and progress of the science of heraldry in England / with explanatory observations on armorial ensigns, by James Dallaway, A.M. of Trinity College Oxford, and Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries.
- Additional Title(s):
- Gloucester : Printed by R. Raikes, for T. Cadell, in the Strand, London, MDCCXCIII 
- Physical Description:
- , xiii, , 424, , cxii pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR1612 .D35 1793+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title page is engraved, with vignette.
English short title catalogue, T67773
"Pedigree of Verney family": folded genealogy table following page 370.
"The third part of The boke of St. Albans, printed from the original edition in 1486": pages lxv-cxii.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf with marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Rev. Edm. Carr.
- Subject Terms:
- Carr, Edm., Rev. -- Bookplate.Heraldry -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Verney family.
- Engravings -- 1793.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1793.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Dallaway, James, 1763-1834, Inquiries into the origin and progress of the science of heraldry in England , MDCCXCIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.