The costume of Turkey / illustrated by a series of engravings ; with descriptions in English and French.
- Additional Title(s):
Costume de la Turquie
- London : Printed for William Miller ... by Howlett and Brimmer ..., 1804.
- Physical Description:
-  p., LX leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1266 .D35 1804a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Text in English and French attributed to William Alexander.
Added title page in French: Costume de la Turquie.
Colored stipple engravings by J. Dadley and William Poole; after Octavian Dalvimart.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 782
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 213
Kunstbibliothek (Berlin, Germany). Katalog der Lipperheideschen Kostümbibliothek (2. Aufl.), Lb37
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco. Gilt edges. Added title page in French is that of the first edition, dated 1802 and printed by T. Bensley. Paper is watermarked 1818.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Turkey -- Pictorial works.Costume -- Turkey -- Pictorial works.Howlett and Brimmer -- Printer.Miller, William -- Publisher.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1804.Turkey -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.