A map of ye English Empire in ye continent of America : viz Virginia, Maryland, Carolina, New York, New Iarsey, New England, Pennsilvania / W. Binneman sculpsit ; by R. Daniel, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
New description of the English empire in the continent of America : viz Virginia, Mary-land, Carolina, New York, New Jarsey, New England, &c
- [S.l.] : [s.n.], [19--?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 48 x 59 cm., on sheet 64 x 78 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2009 4hView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,700,000] -- (W 79°--W 56°/N 50°--N 37°).
- Covers the Atlantic coast of North America from the Gulf of St. Lawrence to south of the Chesapeake Bay.
Inset covers Chesapeake Bay to St. Augustine.
Relief shown pictorially.
Title from cartouche.
Original version: London : Sold by R. Morden ... & by W. Berry ..., [1685?].
Text surrounding map: New description of the English empire in the continent of America, viz Virginia Mary-land, Carolina, New York, New Jarsey, New England, &c. / by R. Daniel, Esq.
Includes inset [ca. 1:5,386,000]: Virginiae pars and Caroliniae pars.
Cumming, W.P. Southeast in early maps (3rd ed.), 103
BAC: British Art Center copy on two sheets (content overlaps near seam).
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Colonies -- America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.New England -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 -- Facsimiles.North America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 -- Facsimiles.United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Daniel, R. (Richard), A map of ye English Empire in ye continent of America , [19--?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.