Daniell, William, 1769-1837, Illustrations of the island of Staffa , 1818
- Illustrations of the island of Staffa : in a series of views, accompanied by topographical and geographical descriptions / by W. Daniell.
- London : Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars, for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster-Row and William Daniell, No. 9, Cleveland-Street, Fitzroy-Square, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- , 11,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.H4 D36 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by and after William Daniell.
With a half title page.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 510
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.), 174
Prideaux, S.T. Aquatint engraving, p. 333
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper boards, with printed title label.
- The Island of Staffa from the east -- Clam-shell Cove, Staffa -- Exterior of Fingal's Cave, Staffa -- Entrance to Fingals Cave, Staffa -- In Fingals' Cave, Staffa --Staffa near Fingals Cave -- The Cormorants Cave, Staffa -- View from the Island of Staffa -- The Island of Staffa from the south west.
- Subject Terms:
- Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Hebrides (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Islands -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Landscapes -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Staffa (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Staffa (Scotland) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Specimens -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.