The carpenter's rule made easie, or, The art of measuring superficies and solids : as timber, stone, boards, glass and the like : also an addition or second way, being the ground-work of measuring timbers, stone, boards, and glass : with the tables of multiplication or accounts ... / by John Darling.
- Additional Title(s):
Carpenter's rule made easie.
Art of measuring superficies and solids.
Addition or second way, being the ground-work of measuring timbers, stone, boards, and glass.
- London : Printed by I.R. for Tho. Sawbridge and are to be sold next door to the Anker in Duck-lane, 1669.
- Physical Description:
- , 10, 166, 142,  p. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT50 D37 1669Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy contains ms. notations on lumber measurements.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge (England) : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 177
Originally published in 1658, this edition was published in 1669 on the rebuilding of London after the Fire in 1666. Cf. Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Gaging -- Early works to 1800.I. R. -- Printer.Mensuration -- Early works to 1800.Ready-reckoners -- Early works to 1800.Sawbridge, Thomas.
YCBA Collections Search
Darling, John, 17th cent, The carpenter's rule made easie, or, The art of measuring superficies and solids , 1669
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.