The carpenter's rule made easie, or, The art of measuring superficies and solids : as timber, stone, boards, glass, and the like : also, an addition or second way, being the ground work of measuring timber, stone, boards, and glass ... / by John Darling.
- Additional Title(s):
Carpenter's rule made easie.
Art of measuring superficies and solids.
Addition or second way, being the ground work of measuring timber, stone, boards, and glass.
- Third edition : with an appendix for gaging and making of cask.
- London : Printed for Tho. Sawbridge, at the three Flower-de-Luces in Little Britain , and John Jones in Worcester, 1676.
- Physical Description:
- , , 140,  p. ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT50 D37 1676Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, D261
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.6, 873
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge (England) : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 178
"An appendix to gauging" has special t.-p. and separate paging.
Preface: J. Darling.
- Subject Terms:
- Gaging -- Early works to 1800.Jones, John -- Publisher.Mensuration -- Early works to 1800.Ready-reckoners -- Early works to 1800.Sawbridge, Tho. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Darling, John, 17th cent, The carpenter's rule made easie, or, The art of measuring superficies and solids , 1676
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.