Darly, M. (Mary), A book of caricaturas , 
- A book of caricaturas : on sixty copper plates, with ye principles of designing in that droll & pleasing manner / by M. Darly ; with sundry ancient & modern examples & several well known caricaturas, taken from the Tabernacles, Newmarket Playhouses, &c., &c.
- [London] : To be had of Mary Darly in Ryder's Court, new Cranbourn Alley, Leicester Fields, 
- Physical Description:
- 60 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 14 x 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1473 .D37 1762Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Not recorded by ESTC.
Date of publication from plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy leaves disbound and mounted on guard stubs. Bound in marbled paper covered boards. Copy appears to lack plates 58-60.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Darly, M. (Mary) -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- Satire, English -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.