[Views on the River Wye].
- Additional Title(s):
To the Right Honble F. Harley this distant view of Hereford, commencing a series of views on the River Wye, is most respectfully and humbly inscribed by his obedient and obliged Servant F. Jukes
- [London] : [Francis Jukes], [1797-1802]
- Physical Description:
- 16 prints : aquatint and etching ; platemarks 37 x 47 cm, on sheets 41 x 54 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 26Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Title from Abbey.
Dates of publication on the prints range from March 1, 1797, to October 1, 1802.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 545
BAC Folio A 2022 26: The Abbey copy. Not hand-colored. Bound in contemporary red half morocco and red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Wye, River (Wales and England)Wye, River, Valley (Wales and England)
- IIIF Manifest:
- 1. Distant view of Hereford
- 2. View of that ancient city [Hereford] and Cathedral
- 3. Wilton Castle near Ross on the River Wye
- 4. Goodrich Castle on the River Wye
- 5. Goodrich Castle on the River Wye
- 6. Monmouth
- 7. Llantony Abbey
- 8. Tintern Abbey on the River Wye
- 9. Tintern on the River Wye
- 10. West end of Tintern Abbey
- 11. New weir on the River Wye
- 12. Doward Rocks
- 13. Redbrook on the River Wye
- 14. Chepstow Castle on the River Wye
- 15. Chepstow Bridge on the River Wye
- 16. Distant view of Chepstow, with the confluence of the Rivers Wye and Severn.