Soldini, Francesco Maria, De anima brutorum commentaria, anno MDCCLXXVI 
De anima brutorum commentaria.
- Excudebat Florentiae : Cajetan. Cambiagi Regius Typographus, anno MDCCLXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 256 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL785 .S65 1776Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved t.p.
Author's name from dedication.
Imprint from colophon.
Errata: p. 256.
Etched plates inked with multiple colors (i.e., à la poupée) in combinations of green, red, and blue. Chapter beginnings have historiated initials, intaglio engravings printed in blue, with letterpress.
Title within ornamental border; historiated and floriated initials, head and tail pieces throughout.
Signatures: engraved t.p., pi1 a-q⁸.
NUC pre-1956, v. 555, p. 361
Brunet, V, column 427
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy has 11 full-page plates, including an armorial design and a medallion portrait of the author (signed: A Paris par F.M.). Inscribed: Luigi Albertolli, 1779 and Giaomo Rossi, 1780. Bound in cream paper boards, with edges sprinkled in red and blue.
- Subject Terms:
- Albertolli, Luigi -- Autograph, 1779.Animal behavior -- Early works to 1800.Animal intelligence -- Early works to 1800.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1776.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1776.Evolution -- Early works to 1800.Psychology, Comparative -- Early works to 1800.Rossi, Giacomo -- Autograph, 1780.Soldini, Francesco Maria -- Portraits.
- A la poupée prints -- Italy -- Florence -- 1776.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.