Select views of Brighton / taken on the spot, and engraved by Mr. Bruce.
- [Brighton] ; Published by the artist, No. 3, Somerset Place, Brighton, and 85, Farringdon Street, London, 
[London] : Published by the artist, No. 3, Somerset Place, Brighton, and 85, Farringdon Street, London, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 84Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The engravings are identical to those in Abbey Scenery 58, with the addition of 3 extra plates: Interior of the New Market Place at Brighton -- New north entrance to the Pavilion -- Part of the Western Esplanade, Brighton.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green printed wrappers. Plates are detached from spine.
Eleven aquatint views of Brighton, and one engraved map, by John Bruce.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Brighton -- Pictorial works.Brighton (England) -- Pictorial works.Bruce, J. -- PublisherLandscapes -- England -- Brighton -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1833.
- View Brighton Royal Palace
- View of Brighton Royal Chain Pier
- Chain Pier at Brighton during the latest tempest
- Interior view of Brighton Royal Chain
- View of Brighton New Church
- Kemptown Brighton
- View of Brunswick Square & adjacent buildings, adjoining Brighton
- Plan of Brighton, with the latest improvements to 1829
- The Dyke Hill near Brighton, with an extensive view of the Weald of Sussex
- Interior of the New Market Place at Brighton
- New north entrance to the Pavilion
- Part of the Western Esplanade, Brighton.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.