The harmonist's preceptor, or, Treasury of mirth : being a new and extensive collection of modern and popular songs : in which will be found, distinctly arranged, English and Irish comic songs, Scotch songs, Yorkshire songs, Jews songs, love songs, and songs for the social board : with considerable additions, together with an entire new collection of toasts and sentiments, adapted to each song / written and selected by Mr. Bryant, of the Royal Cobourg theatre ; author of various dramatic pieces, poems, &c. &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Treasury of mirth
- London : Printed and published by John Fairburn, Broadway, Ludgate Hill, 
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 204 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1738 .B79 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Without music.
Aquatint frontispiece "drawn and engraved by Mr. George Cruikshank".
Date of publication surmised from date on frontispiece plate.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 384
BAC: British Art Center copy Bound in printed red boards. Bookplate of J. Barton Townsend.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Great Britain.Fairburn, J. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Songs, English -- Great Britain.Townsend, J. Barton -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Bryant, Mr, The harmonist's preceptor, or, Treasury of mirth , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.