Egypt : a series of one hundred and ten engravings exhibiting the antiquities, architecture, inhabitants, costume, hieroglyphics, animals, scenery, &c. of that country, with accompanying descriptions and explanations in French and English, selected from the celebrated work detailing the expedition of the French / by Baron Vivant Denon ... ; engravings are by ... Middiman, Cardon, Audinet, Comte, Mitan, Newton, Cooke, Taylor, Smith, Armstrong, Dadley, Morris, Wise, Roffe, Poole, Pollard, &c.
- London : Published by Charles Taylor, 1816
[London] : Printed by Hatfield and Twigg, at the Miltonian Press, Great New Street
- Physical Description:
- iv, 146 pages,  pages, 111 unnumbered leaves of plates (10 folded) : illustrations, portrait, maps ; 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 17Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication follows printing statement.
Title page printed in black and green.
BAC Folio A 2022 17: Plates are not hand-colored. Bound in contemporary marbled boards with leather spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Egypt -- Antiquities.Egypt -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.