Dighton, Denis, 1792-1827, Progressive studies in cattle , May, 1820
- Progressive studies in cattle / by Dennis Dighton ; dedicated by permission to the Right Honourable the Earl of Glengall by his most obedient & obliged servants, the publisher.
- London : Printed & published at Rowney & Forster's lithographic press, 51 Rathbone Place, May, 1820.
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : chiefly ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC783.8.C37 D54 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- Cover title.
At head of title: Of Rowney and Forster's lithographic drawing book Price 2/6.
Landscape vignette on cover.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, D413
Publisher's advertisement on back wrapper of each part.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks nos. 2-4. In original printed wrappers, stitched, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Animals in art.Cattle in art.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1820.Rowney & Forster -- Publisher.Zoological illustration.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.