Dighton, Richard, 1795-1880, Characters at the west end of the town , 1825
Characters at the west end of the town / drawn and etched by Richard Dighton.
- Additional Title(s):
West end characters
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, Repository of Wit and Humour, No. 26, Haymarket, 1825.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 37 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.D55 C43 1825+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Caricatures of notorious characters of the period.
Frontispiece included in pagination.
Cover title: West end characters by Richard Dighton.
BAC: Bound in original pink paper boards. Red leather label mounted on upper board. Title in gilt. Identity of each of the caricatures identified in ms. annotation at foot of page.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1825London (England) -- Social life and customs -- Caricatures and cartoons.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.