Narrative and successful result of a voyage in the South Seas : performed by order of the government of British India, to ascertain the actual fate of La Pérouse's expedition : interspersed with accounts of the religion, manners, customs, and cannibal practices of the South Sea Islanders / by the Chevalier Capt. P. Dillon, member of the Legion of Honour, of the Asiatic Society of Bengal, and of the Geographical Society of Paris: Commander of the Hon. East-India Company's ship Research.
- London : Hurst, Chance, and Co., St. Paul's Church-Yard, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU21 D57 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 598
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by C. Ingrey and Henry O'Neill.
Printed by J. L. Cox, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's Inn Field.
- Subject Terms:
- Armstrong, Andrew. -- Pres. inscription from the author.Cox, J. L. -- Printer.Dillon, Peter, 1785?-1847 -- Pres. inscription to Capt. Armstrong.Hurst, Chance and Co. -- Publisher.La Pérouse, Jean-François de Galaup, comte de, 1741-1788.Oceania -- Description and travel.Polynesia -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Lithographs -- 1829.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Dillon, Peter, 1785-1847, Narrative and successful result of a voyage in the South Seas , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.