Costumes of the Canary Islands.
- London : Smith, Elder and Co., 65, Cornhill, 1829.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP302.C397 C67 1829+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP302.C397 C67 1829+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by William Fisk; after Alfred Diston. Printed by W. Day.
"Part I."--Cover. No more issued. See Abbey.
"Plain paper 9s. India 12. Single plates 1s. 6d."--Cover
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 75
BAC: British Art Center copy has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in cream paper wrappers. Copy 2 in similar wrapper. Inscribed: Theo. Mitchell.
- Subject Terms:
- Canary Islands -- Description and travel.Costume -- Canary Islands.Mitchell, Theo. -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1829.
- Tapadas, or Walking dress, Canaries
- Winter dress of a native of Lanzarote
- Hat seller of Grand Canary
- Natives of Fuerteventura
- Militiaman of Grand Canary
- Manto y Saya, Canaries.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.