An historical and explanatory dissertation on steam-engines and steam-packets : with the evidence in full given by the most eminent engineers, mechanists, and manufacturers, to the select committees of the House of Commons; together with the committees' reports, distinguishing and defining safe and unsafe steam-engines, and their proper management : comprising particulars of the fatal explosions of boilers at Norwich, Northumberland, Wells-street, and in America : concluding with a narrative, by Isaac Weld, Esq. of the interesting voyage of the Thames steam-yacht, from Glasgow, in Scotland, to Dublin and London / by Geo. Dodd, civil engineer ; illustrated by two elegant engravings of steam-yachts.
- London : Published for the author by James Asperne, J. M. Richardson & Co., Cornhill; R. Ackerman, Strand; and N. Hailes, London Museum, Piccadilly, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- , xxv, , 280 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTJ284 .D63 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by W. Clowes, Northumberland-Court, Strand, London.
Includes the evidence given to the House of Commons Select Committee on steam boats in May 1817.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 334
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter calf and marbled boards, with marbled edges. Handwritten index  p. tipped in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackerman, R. -- Publisher.Asperne, James -- Publisher.Clowes, W. -- Printer.Hailes, N. -- Publisher.J.M. Richardson & Co. -- Publisher.Steam-boilers.Steam-engines -- HistorySteam-navigation -- History.
- Aquatints -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dodd, George, 1783-1827, An historical and explanatory dissertation on steam-engines and steam-packets , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.