The friend of Australia, or, A plan for exploring the interior, and for carrying on a survey of the whole continent of Australia / by a Retired officer ; illustrated with a map of Australia, and five other plates.
- London : Hurst, Chance, and Co. ..., 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 428 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU99 M37 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Authorship attributed to T. J. Maslen. See Abbey.
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Printers, Bouverie Street, Fleet Street.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 574
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements: 16 p. bound in at front.
BAC: Bound by: W. Smith, Bookbinder, Ivy Lane.
Illustrations printed by C. Hullmandel.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.16, 914
- Subject Terms:
- Australia -- Description and travel.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Hurst, Chance, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
Maslen, T. J. (Thomas J.), The friend of Australia, or, A plan for exploring the interior, and for carrying on a survey of the whole continent of Australia , 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.