Doyle, Richard, 1824-1883, The foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones and Robinson , 1854
- The foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones and Robinson : being the history of what they saw and did in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, & Italy / by Richard Doyle.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Brown, Jones, and Robinson
- London : Bradbury & Evans, Whitefriars, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- , 80 p. [i.e. 79],  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.D69 F67 1854+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved t.p.
With a preliminary half t.p. half title reads: Foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones, and Robinson.
BAC: "This volume was coloured by the artist who presented it to Her Gracious Majesty the Queen. Later it was given by H. M. King Edward to Ralph Sneyd of Keele Hall"-Label pasted on front fly leaf.
BAC: Bound in white leather. Green leather label mounted on upper board. Title gold-stamped on cover: Brown, Jones and Robinson.
BAC: Upper cover of blue publisher's binding with imprint information given mounted on preliminary page.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury & Evans -- PublisherCaricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910 -- ProvenanceEnglish wit and humor, Pictorial.Grand tours (Education) -- Caricatures and cartoons.Satire, English.Sneyd, Ralph -- BookplateSneyd, Ralph -- ProvenanceVictoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- ProvenanceVoyages and travels -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.