IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Doyle, Richard, 1824-1883, The foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones and Robinson , 1854
The foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones and Robinson : being the history of what they saw and did in Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, & Italy / by Richard Doyle.
- Additional Title(s):
Brown, Jones, and Robinson
- London : Bradbury & Evans, Whitefriars, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- , 80 p. [i.e. 79],  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.D69 F67 1854+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engraved t.p.
With a preliminary half t.p. half title reads: Foreign tour of Messrs. Brown, Jones, and Robinson.
BAC: "This volume was coloured by the artist who presented it to Her Gracious Majesty the Queen. Later it was given by H. M. King Edward to Ralph Sneyd of Keele Hall"-Label pasted on front fly leaf.
BAC: Bound in white leather. Green leather label mounted on upper board. Title gold-stamped on cover: Brown, Jones and Robinson.
BAC: Upper cover of blue publisher's binding with imprint information given mounted on preliminary page.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury & Evans -- PublisherCaricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910 -- ProvenanceEnglish wit and humor, Pictorial.Grand tours (Education) -- Caricatures and cartoons.Satire, English.Sneyd, Ralph -- BookplateSneyd, Ralph -- ProvenanceVictoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- ProvenanceVoyages and travels -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1854.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.