Indian dead game / by C.W. Smith, Esq. & Sir C. D'Oyly Bt.
- [Bihar] : Behar Lithographic, 1830.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 28 x 46 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 66Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title and imprint from printed cover label.
"C. D'Oyly delt" at foot of lithographed title label, followed by date of publication then publisher name.
Not in J.R. Abbey's Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, though mentioned in 446.
Schwerdt, C.F.G.R. Hunting, hawking, shooting, II, 163
BAC Folio A 2022 66: Plates are hand-colored. In original brown wrappers with lithographed title label on front cover. Autograph: Miss Crooke, No. 5.
BAC Folio A 2022 73: Plates are hand-colored. Lacks wrappers. Bound with: Behar amateur lithographic scrap book, [1830?].
- Subject Terms:
- Game and game-birds -- India.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.