Draper, George, approximately 1796-, Historical account [of Beleigh Abbey, Essex], 
Historical account [of Beleigh Abbey, Essex].
- Additional Title(s):
Historical account of Beeleigh Abbey, Essex
- [London] : [G. Draper], 
- Physical Description:
- 5 pt. : chiefly ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.E7 D73 1818+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.E7 D73 1818+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatint engravings by Richard Brinsley Peake; after George Draper.
Consists of 5 parts. Issued without a general title page. Each part has a separate dedication leaf, all inscribed to different people, and dated between January and June, 1818. Part 1 has a short "Historical account" of 6 pages; otherwise each part consists of 4 plates with a descriptive leaf.
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 103
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in contemporary gray paper boards. Copy 2 is bound in contemporary half calf and red cloth. Armorial bookplates: Rupert Sackville Gwynne; Rupert Gunnis.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- Great Britain -- History.Beeleigh Abbey (Essex, England) -- History.Draper, G. -- Publisher.Essex (England) -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Church history -- 19th century.Gwynne, Rupert Sackville -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1818.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.