IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
D'Oyly, Charles, 1781-1845, Sketches of the New Road in a journey from Calcutta to Gyah , 1830
Sketches of the New Road in a journey from Calcutta to Gyah / by Sir Charles D'Oyly.
- Calcutta : Printed and published at the Asiatic Lithographic Company's Press, 1830.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS485.B51 D69 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Lithography by Sir Charles D'Oyly.
Lithographed throughout, including title page and leaves of text.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 455
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half green morocco with marbled boards, with printed title label on front cover; rebacked. Plates printed on India paper, and mounted. Inscribed: Mrs. Genl. Thomas.
- Subject Terms:
- Asiatic Lithographic Press -- Publisher.Bihar (India) -- Description and travel.Bihar (India) -- Pictorial works.Gaya (India) -- Pictorial works.Thomas, Mrs. General -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
- IIIF Manifest:
- A Hindoo temple at Jehanabad
- View of the Purisnaut Hills from Chatna
- View of an insulated rock near Ruggoonauthpore on the New Road, 1828
- View of the rocky hills at Ruggoonauthpore, 1827
- View on the road from Chunder Kerree to Chass crossing the Odilbun Nullah, 1827
- View on the road from Angballee to Goomea crossing the Damooda River, 1827
- View in the Chittroo Pass on the road from Gomea to Chittroo Chutta, 1828
- End of the Chittroo Pass, 1827
- View of the Village and Hill of Silwar with a telegraph tower
- View from the summit of the Kutcumsundee Pass, 1828
- Summit of the Kutcumsundee Pass, 1828
- End of the Dungye Pass on the New Road, 1828
- Entrance into the city of Gyah by the Sheerghathy Road
- View of the Summun Boohe in the city of Gyah
- View of the back entrance to the Summun Boorhe in the City of Gyah
- View of the Bishunpud Temple and part of the city of Gyah from the Fulgo River
- Temple of Seta Mahaish Mahadeo at the bottom of the Burrum Jewun Hill near Gyah
- View of the Muccundee Dewul and the Beturnee Tank at Gyah
- View of a small Hindoo temple in front of the Great Temple at Bhood Gyah
- Hindoo temple at Bhood Gyah, 8 miles from the city of Gyah
- Terrace of the Hindoo temple at Bhood Gyah in Behar
- View of an excavated chamber in the summit of the Barabur Hill, 14 miles N.E. from Gyah.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.