Travels through different cities of Germany, Italy, Greece and several parts of Asia, as far as the banks of the Euphrates : in a series of letters : containing, an account of what is most remarkable in their present state, as well as in their monuments of antiquity / by Alexander Drummond, Esq. ...
- London : Printed by W. Strahan for the author, MDCCLIV 
- Physical Description:
- , 311,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 39 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD972.D78 T73 1754+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2005 Folio 165: Armorial bookplate (motto: Virtute et opera): Robert William Duff, Esq.
With engravings by John Miller.
Horizontal chain lines.
Short title catalogue of eighteenth century printed books in the National Library of Medicine p. 127
English short title catalogue, T145938
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary diced calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Duff, Robert William, Esq. -- Bookplate.Europe -- Description and travel.Middle East -- Description and travel.
- Turned chainlines -- England -- London -- 1754.
Engravings -- 1754.
Travel literature -- Europe -- 1754.
Travel literature -- Middle East -- 1754.
YCBA Collections Search
Drummond, Alexander, -1769, Travels through different cities of Germany, Italy, Greece and several parts of Asia, as far as the banks of the Euphrates , MDCCLIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.