Drummond, Alexander, -1769, Travels through different cities of Germany, Italy, Greece and several parts of Asia, as far as the banks of the Euphrates , MDCCLIV 
- Travels through different cities of Germany, Italy, Greece and several parts of Asia, as far as the banks of the Euphrates : in a series of letters : containing, an account of what is most remarkable in their present state, as well as in their monuments of antiquity / by Alexander Drummond, Esq. ...
- London : Printed by W. Strahan for the author, MDCCLIV 
- Physical Description:
- , 311,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 39 cm. (fol.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD972.D78 T73 1754+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2005 Folio 165: Armorial bookplate (motto: Virtute et opera): Robert William Duff, Esq.
With engravings by John Miller.
Horizontal chain lines.
Blake, J. NLM 18th cent., p. 127
ESTC (RLIN) T145938
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary diced calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Duff, Robert William, Esq. -- Bookplate.Europe -- Description and travel.Middle East -- Description and travel.
- Turned chainlines -- England -- London -- 1754.
Engravings -- 1754.
Travel literature -- Europe -- 1754.
Travel literature -- Middle East -- 1754.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.