The common-place book of literary curiosities, remarkable customs, historical and domestic anecdotes and etymological scraps / by the Rev. Dr. Dryasdust, of York, somewhile preface-writer to the great unknown.
- London : John Bumpus, 85, Newgate-Street, MDCCCXXV 
- Physical Description:
- 423 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6173 .D79 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by William Heath.
Printed by W. Wilson, 57, Skinner St., London.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 302
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half crimson morocco, with gilt edges, by W. Brown (Cf. Abbey). Inscribed: J. Crawford.
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, W. -- Bookbinder.Bumpus, John -- Publisher.Crawford, J. -- Autograph.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1825.Satire, English.Wilson, W. -- Printer.Wit and humor -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Dryasdust, The common-place book of literary curiosities, remarkable customs, historical and domestic anecdotes and etymological scraps , MDCCCXXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.