Mooltan, during and after the siege : being twenty-one drawings, from sketches taken on the spot / by John Dunlop ... and lithographed in tints by Andrew Maclure ; with a descriptive and historical account of the siege.
- Additional Title(s):
Mooltan, a series of sketches during and after the siege
- London : Published by Wm. S. Orr and Co., 1849.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS393.3.M84 D86 1849+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added lithographed title page: Mooltan, a series of sketches during and after the siege
Tinted lithographs printed by Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 912
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 474
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled red coth, with title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.Multān (Pakistan) -- History.Multān (Pakistan) -- Pictorial works.Multān (Pakistan) -- Siege.Orr, Wm. S. -- Publisher.Sikh War, 1848-1849 -- History.Sikh War, 1848-1849 -- Pictorial works.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1849.
- Contents of plates: Fort of Mooltan from the west, Sept. 6th 48
- Inhabitants of Mooltan
- The Edgah where Mr Van Agnew & Lt Andersen were murdered
- Neirain Singh, Cham Singh & Ram Singh, brothers of the Dewan Moolrag
- Major Edwarde's Infantry
- Major Edwarde's Cavalry
- In the trenches, Gen. Courtland's men
- Camp followers, Milk women
- Camp followers, Camel Drivers
- In the trenches-Septr 12/48 H.M.'s 32nd Regt.
- Mundee Awa Dec 28/48
- Storming the 'Mundee Awa' or Great Mound
- Breaching the Delhi Gate. European sailors of the Indian Navy
- Explosion of the Magazine Dec. 3
- Appearance of Mooltan, quarter of an hour after the explosion
- The 1st Bombay Europ. Fusileers storming the breach at the Koonee Boorg/Jan. 2nd 3 p.m.
- Struggle in the Town-Capture of 2 Sikh Standards
- 'Churda Choke' or Great Bazaar-after taking the City
- NE side of the fort, showing the British trenches Jan 6 1849
- Dewan Moolrag in custody of a part of H M's 32nd Regt.
- NE side of fort, Funeral procession of Vans Agnew and S. Andersen.