Dunlop, John, M.D, Mooltan, during and after the siege , 1849
- Mooltan, during and after the siege : being twenty-one drawings, from sketches taken on the spot / by John Dunlop ... and lithographed in tints by Andrew Maclure ; with a descriptive and historical account of the siege.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Mooltan, a series of sketches during and after the siege
- London : Published by Wm. S. Orr and Co., 1849.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS393.3.M84 D86 1849+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added lithographed title page: Mooltan, a series of sketches during and after the siege
Tinted lithographs printed by Maclure, Macdonald & Macgregor.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 474
Colas, R. Costume, 912
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary gilt-tooled red coth, with title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Contents of plates: Fort of Mooltan from the west, Sept. 6th 48 -- Inhabitants of Mooltan -- The Edgah where Mr Van Agnew & Lt Andersen were murdered -- Neirain Singh, Cham Singh & Ram Singh, brothers of the Dewan Moolrag -- Major Edwarde's Infantry -- Major Edwarde's Cavalry -- In the trenches, Gen. Courtland's men -- Camp followers, Milk women -- Camp followers, Camel Drivers -- In the trenches-Septr 12/48 H.M.'s 32nd Regt. -- Mundee Awa Dec 28/48 -- Storming the 'Mundee Awa' or Great Mound -- Breaching the Delhi Gate. European sailors of the Indian Navy -- Explosion of the Magazine Dec. 3 -- Appearance of Mooltan, quarter of an hour after the explosion -- The 1st Bombay Europ. Fusileers storming the breach at the Koonee Boorg/Jan. 2nd 3 p.m. -- Struggle in the Town-Capture of 2 Sikh Standards -- 'Churda Choke' or Great Bazaar-after taking the City -- NE side of the fort, showing the British trenches Jan 6 1849 -- Dewan Moolrag in custody of a part of H M's 32nd Regt. -- NE side of fort, Funeral procession of Vans Agnew and S. Andersen.
- Subject Terms:
- India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.Multān (Pakistan) -- History.Multān (Pakistan) -- Pictorial works.Multān (Pakistan) -- Siege.Orr, Wm. S. -- Publisher.Sikh War, 1848-1849 -- History.Sikh War, 1848-1849 -- Pictorial works.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1849.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.