The Swedish army.
- [London] : [R. Ackermann], 
- Physical Description:
- 29 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUD485.S8 E24 1808+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Text in English and French on facing pages.
Aquatint engravings by Nicolaus Heideloff; after Frederic Eben.
Imprint from plates.
"Printed by J.B.G. Vogel, 13, Poland Street, Oxford Street, London."--P. .
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 927
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 257
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped red morocco with inlay of blind and gilt stamped black morrocco on front cover. Title in gilt within oramental floral wreath on front cover; gilt edges, silk endpapers. Binder's label of C. Meyer, London. Plates are titled, in English and French, in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Aquatints, Colored -- Specimens -- 1808.Meyer, C. -- Bookbinder.Military uniforms -- Sweden -- Pictorial works.Sweden. Armén -- Uniforms.Sweden. Armén.Vogel, J. B. G. -- Printer.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.