The life of an actor / by Pierce Egan, author of "Life in London," "Tom and Jerry," "A Musical Drama," etc. ; dedicated to Edmund Kean, Esq. ; the poetical descriptions by T. Greenwood ; embellished with twenty-seven characteristic scenes, etched by Theodore Lane ; enriched also with several original designs on wood, executed by Mr. Thompson.
- London : Printed for C.S. Arnold, Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 272 p.,  leaves of plates : ill ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN2095 .E4 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Wood engravings by John Thompson. Cf. Abbey.
Printed by C. and C. Whittingham, College House, Chiswick.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 414
BAC: British Art center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original boards with printed paper covers.
- Subject Terms:
- Acting -- Great Britain.Actors -- Great Britain.Arnold, C. S. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Theater -- Great Britain -- 18th century.Theater -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Whittingham, C. and C. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1825.
Wood engravings -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.