The necessary qualifications of a man of fashion : twelve plates / designed and etched by D. T. Egerton.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, Repository of Wit and Humour, 26, Haymarket, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 12 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.E34 N43 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved throughout.
Each plate has a single word title at top and an explanatory legend beneath.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 204
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 286
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Aristrocracy -- Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.M'Lean, Thomas -- PublisherSatire, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823
YCBA Collections Search
Egerton, Daniel Thomas, 1797-1842, The necessary qualifications of a man of fashion , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.