The elegant repository and new-print magazine : including engravings from original pictures of the most pleasing subjects, furnished by the art of design.
- London : Published by C. Taylor, Holborn, [1791-1792]
- Physical Description:
- XII parts ( p.,  leaves of plates ) : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN1 .E44 1791+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates dated Jany. 1, 1791-Jany. 2, 1792.
Published in twelve monthly parts (Sept.-Oct. 1791 in one part) each comprising two small oval stippled engravings of genre or allegorical subjects, and one topographical view, and four pages of text.
Engravings by Charles Taylor, Thomas Tagg, Lowrie (i.e. Wilson Lowry?), William Nutter, Robert Mitchell Meadows, Benjamin Smith, and Myers; after Richard Morton Paye, Henry Singleton, Samuel (?) Howitt, Samuel (?) Shelley, and Richard Corbould.
Title page is engraved.
Each plate accompanied by a guard sheet.
List of subjects:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Allegory in art -- Early works to 1800.Art -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Booksellers and bookselling -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Great Britain -- Periodicals -- Early works to 1800.Taylor, C. -- Publisher.
- Stipple engravings -- 1791-1792.
Engravings -- 1791-1792.
Periodicals -- England -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.