Views in India, China, and on the shores of the Red Sea : drawn by Prout, Stanfield, Cattermole, Purser, Cox, Austen, &c. / from original sketches by Commander Robert Elliott ; with descriptions by Emma Roberts.
- London : H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., port. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS408 .E45 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Baxter print frontispiece by George Baxter; after David Roberts.
Stipple engraving by John Cochran; after J. Drummond. Steel engravings by J. Bishop, Thomas Boys, Robert Brandard, Samuel Bradshaw, Ebenezer Challis, William John Cooke, Edward Francis Finden, W. Finden, William Floyd, Edward Goodall, G. Hamilton, Percy Heath, Thomas Higham, Thomas Jeavons, J.H. Kernot, Samuel Lacey, William Le Petit, William Miller, Charles Mottran, James C. Redaway, John A. Rolph, Robert Sands, William Taylor, John Thomas, Robert Wallis, and W. Woolnoth; after Thomas Allom, Samuel Austin, Thomas Boys, George Cattermole, John Sell Cotman, David Cox, Copley Fielding, Robert Melville Grindlay, Harden Sidney Melville, Samuel Prout, William Purser.
Both volumes have added engraved title pages.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound 2 volumes in 1. Bound in half maroon morocco and maroon cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Pictorial works.H. Fisher, R. Fisher & P. Jackson -- Publisher.India -- Pictorial works.Red Sea Region -- Pictorial works.
- Baxter prints -- 1835.
Steel engravings -- 1835.
Stipple engravings -- 1835.
YCBA Collections Search
Elliot, Robert James, -1849, Views in India, China, and on the shores of the Red Sea , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.