Ellis, Henry, Sir, 1777-1869, Journal of the proceedings of the late embassy to China;, 1817
- Journal of the proceedings of the late embassy to China; comprising a correct narrative of the public transactions of the embassy, of the voyage to and from China, and of the journey from the mouth of hte Pei-Ho to the return to Canton. Interspersed with observations upon the face of the country, the polity, moral character, and manners of the Chinese nation ... By Henry Ellis ...
- London, Printed for J. Murray, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 526,  p. front. (port.) col. pl., maps (1 fold.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsT 536A (4to)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1974 +100: Bookplate of William Woodville Rockhill.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Description and travel.China -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- China.Rockhill, William Woodville, 1854-1914 -- Bookplate.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.