IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Elwes, Robert, A sketcher's tour round the world , 1854
A sketcher's tour round the world / by Robert Elwes ... ; with illustrations from original drawings, by the author.
- London : Hurst and Blackett, Publishers ..., 1854.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 411, ,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG440 E52 1854Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 9.
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Binding stamped: J.L.
BAC: Binding ticket: Leighton Son & Hodge, Shoe Lane, London.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Plate titled 'Papara' listed as 'Papeiti' in list of illustrations.
Printed by Schulze and Co., 13, Poland Street.
Illustrations by and after R[obert] E[lewes]. Plates printed by Hullmandel & Walton.
Judd & Lind, Voyages to Hawaii before 1860, 62.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 22371.
- Subject Terms:
- Hullmandel & Walton -- Printer.Hurst and Blackett -- Publisher.J. L. -- Bookbinding designer.Leighton Son & Hodge -- Bookbinder.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1854.Schulze and Co. -- Printer.Voyages around the world -- Pictorial works.Voyages around the world.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.