View of nature in all climates : from the equator to the Arctic Circle.
- London : Published by James Reynolds, 174 Strand, Decr. 7th, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 28 x 176 cm., folded to 28 x 22 cm., attached to boards 29 x 24 cm.+ 1 v. (4 p. ; 27 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH46 .V54 1852+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH46 .V54 1852+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Depiction of the flora and fauna of the earth in one continual illustration through the various climates from Singapore through Madras, Calcutta, Cairo, Valetta, Rome, Paris, London, Edinburgh, St. Petersburg and Drontheim.
Drawn and engraved by John Emslie.
Attached to linen backing.
Title in gilt on upper board with 4 p. printed description (Notes explanatory of the view of nature in all climates) laid in.
"Notes explanatory of the View of nature in all climates"--4 p., laid in.
"Triangle with Analemma, adapted to show the Sun's declination for every day of the year in all latitudes."--Pasted to verso of front cover.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 bound in publisher's green cloth. Title in gilt on front cover. "Triangle fro Analema" missing. Copy 2 bound in publisher's red publisher's. Title in gilt on front cover. 4 p. of descriptive text missing.
- Subject Terms:
- Natural history -- Pictorial works.Panoramas -- Specimens.Reynolds, James -- Publisher.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.