The cutter : in five lectures upon the art and practice of cutting friends, acquaintances, and relations.
- Additional Title(s):
Lectures upon cutting; where in that art is made easy to every capacity
- London : Printed for J. Carpenter, Old Bond Street, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- ,104 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3433 .E93 1808 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT3433 .E93 1808 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Half-title: Lectures upon cutting; where in that art is made easy to every capacity.
Attributed to Arthur Benoni Evans. Cf. Abbey.
Aquatint illustrations drawn and engraved by John Augustus Atkinson.
Printed by S. Gosnell, Little Queen St., London.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 295
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled calf Riviere binding. Copy 2 bound in original boards. Bookplate of Montgomerye Evans II.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, J. -- Publisher.Etiquette -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Evans, Montgomerye, II -- Bookplate.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Manners and customs -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Riviere -- Bookbinding designer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1808.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.