Vizetelly, Henry, 1820-1894, The grand panorama of London from the Thames, 
The grand panorama of London from the Thames [graphic].
- London : Published by Charles Evans, 31, Strand, and to be had of all booksellers and newsman, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 4 sheets : wood engraving ; sheets end-to-end 10 x 277 cm, accordion folded to 10 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .V59 1845 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .V59 1845 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 564
Engraved by Henry Vizetelly.
With title page affixed to front pastedown of publisher's original cloth folder.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects, 100
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. In publisher's original gilt-stamped brown cloth (title on red background).
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is uncolored. In publisher's original gilt-stamped brown cloth (without red title panel).
Panorama of London from the Thames as it appeared in 1844. Includes place names along the bottom edge. View extends from Western Stone Wharf, immediately south of the Palace of Westminster, to St. Katherine's Dock, just east of the Tower. Also included is the depiction of barges, paddle steamers, boats and rowboats competing in the Dogget's Coat and Badge Race on the Thames.
- Subject Terms:
- Evans, Charles, 1819-1867 -- Publisher.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Marine sports -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.Thames River (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- England -- London.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1845.
Wood engravings -- 1845.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.