Evans, Lewis, 1700?-1756, A map of Pensilvania, New-Jersey, New-York, and the three Delaware counties, 1749
- A map of Pensilvania, New-Jersey, New-York, and the three Delaware counties [cartographic material] / by Lewis Evans, MDCCXLIX ; L. Hebert, sculpt.
- [Philadelphia] : Published by Lewis Evans, 1749.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 63 x 47 cm, on sheet 66 x 50 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3iYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale ca. 1:960,000.
- Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
Prime meridian: Philadelphia and London.
Includes blocks of descriptive text and table of distances (all engraved).
LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1035
Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
BAC: British Art Center copy uncolored.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Delaware -- Maps.Middle Atlantic States -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.New Jersey -- Maps.New York -- Maps.Pennsylvania -- Maps.
- Early works.
Engravings -- 1749.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.