A visit to the monastery of La Trappe, in 1817 : with notes taken during a tour through Le Perche, Normandy, Bretagne, Poitou, Anjou, Le Bocage, Touraine, Orleanois, and the environs of Paris / by W.D. Fellowes ... ; illustrated with numerous coloured engravings, from drawings made on the spot.
- Fourth edition.
- London : Printed for Thomas M'Lean, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 188 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX4133 L3 F4 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 91
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by W. Lewis, Finch-Lane, London.
Illustrations by J. Clark; after W.D. Fellowes.
MUDD WD 9616: Plates facing p. 83 wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Description and travel.Lewis, W. -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Notre Dame de la Trappe (France : Abbey)
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Fellowes, W. D. (William Dorset), A visit to the monastery of La Trappe, in 1817 , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.