A narrative of an ascent to the summit of Mont Blanc / by Charles Fellows.
- Additional Title(s):
Narrative of the ascent to the summit of Mont Blanc, of the 25 July, 1827.
Ascent of Mont Blanc
- [London : Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars], MDCCCXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 35,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., facsim. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC611.M68 F45 1827+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC611.M68 F45 1827+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved title page with vignette.
Half-title varies: Narrative of the ascent to the summit of Mont Blanc, of the 25 July, 1827.
Cover title on printed boards: Ascent of Mont Blanc.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 has colored lithographs. Two newspaper clippings mounted on verso of front cover. The first dated August 1861: Mont Blanc. To the Editor of the Times; and the second dated 17th October 1866: The sad accident on Mont Blanc. The Editor of the Times. Inscribed: Charles Francis Fellows. 15 Great Cumberland Place. Hyde Park. Bound in printed boards. Cased with BAC copy 2.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 has uncolored lithographs. Two ms inscriptions on recto of second free endpaper: To Miss Coldham with the authors heartfelt thanks. April 1859. The second: To George Fellows from his affectionate cousin Charles Francis Fellows in memory of Miss Coldham. March 1872. Ms inscription on preliminary half-title leaf: Miss Fellows with the affectionate love of her brother the writer. Binder's ticket: Whittingham, bookbinder, Nottingham. Bound in blind- and gilt-stamped green morocco style binding, with gilt edges. Cased with BAC copy 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Blanc, Mont (France and Italy) -- Description and travel.Coldham, Miss Fellows -- Pres. insc. to Charles Francis Fellows. April 1859.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Fellows, Charles Francis -- Autograph.Fellows, Charles Francis -- Pres. insc. to George Fellows. March 1872.Fellows, Charles Francis -- Pres. insc. to Miss Coldham. April 1859.Fellows, George -- Pres. insc. from Charles Francis Fellows. March 1872.Fellows, Miss -- Pres. insc. from her brother the writer.Mountaineering -- France.Whittingham -- Bookbinder.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1827.
Lithographs -- 1827.
Engravings -- 1827.
YCBA Collections Search
Fellows, Charles, Sir, 1799-1860, A narrative of an ascent to the summit of Mont Blanc , MDCCCXXVII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.