Travels through Italy, in the years 1771 and 1772 : described in a series of letters to Baron Born, on the natural history, particularly the mountains and volcanoes of that country / by John James Ferber ... ; translated from the German ; with explanatory notes, and a preface on the present state and future improvement of mineralogy by R. E. Raspe.
- Additional Title(s):
Briefe aus Wälschland über natürliche merkwürdigkeiten dieses landes. English.
- London : Printed for L. Davis ..., 1776.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, , 377,  p. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG424 F48 1776Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
Translation of the author's Briefe aus Wälschland über natürliche merkwürdigkeiten dieses landes, which was first published in Prague, 1773.
Includes head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Davis, L. -- Printer.Italy -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Natural history -- Italy.
- Wood engravings -- 1776.
YCBA Collections Search
Ferber, Johann Jakob, 1743-1790, Travels through Italy, in the years 1771 and 1772 , 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.